Sunday, February 24, 2008

Lifebuoy Radio Animation

A while ago a producer I was working with asked me about lip sync animation. I told him I had done that before for some local commercials, but didn't a quality example to show him. So I decided to make something new.

I found an old radio commercial for Lifebuoy soap recorded in 1945. This commercial has some unintentional funny audio which I thought would work well for my animation.

This radio spot is the only audio used in this project. I was very tempted to add sound effects to some of the crazy things I animated, but I resisted the temptation (in fact the audio abruptly cuts out at about a second from the end, and I didn't try to smooth that out either). All the art work is 100% original, and I created it exclusively by me for this project.

I think it turned out pretty good, and I think you'll enjoy if you appreciate my kind of "humor."




About the only thing I knew about Lifebuoy soap is that it's the soap of choice if you wish to punish Ralphie, so I did the Wiki on Lifebuoy and found some interesting facts. The soap is still manufactured today in India, and is popular in Asian countries. Also Lifebuoy coined the term "B.O.", short for "body odor." So now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that was really awesome. the animation is vibrant and fun. I like the "hayden church" reference! lol. Really an amusing piece! You are very talented.

David W. said...

Thank you Jay!

You're not the first person to tell me they liked the Hayden Church reference. I'm surprised how that bit gets a reaction from people.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails