Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Movieland Wax Museum


Here's a retro-brochure (I think I just coined that term. Maybe I should trademark it) for the Movieland Wax Museum in Niagara Falls, Ontario.

I said this before , but it always bothers when a brochure doesn't show actual photographs of the attraction. If they only show illustrations it makes me wonder what they are trying to hide.

"See... the majestic, golden Rolls-Royce" is an odd thing to highlight. This is a wax museum after all, not a car museum.

I'm happy to report this attraction is still operating. To see what the Movieland Wax Museum looks like today you can view nearly the entire museum by checking out this walk-thru video by a very thorough YouTuber named niagarafallsvlogger...

2 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

Do you know if this Movieland and the Movieland in Buena Park, California had the same owner? They also had a gold Rolls Royce parked out front.

David W. said...

The now defunct Cali Movieland and the Niagara Movieland never had the same owner. I think it's possible the Niagara museum simply lifted the name Movieland without any sort of compensation too (although I could be wrong).

It's interesting they both had gold Rolls-Royces on display.

There was another "Movieland" out on the Eastcost by the same owners, and I'll be doing a post on that next.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails