Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Return to Prehistoric Forest

Back in 2010 I did a little post on Prehistoric Forest in Irish Hills, Michigan...


I only had one color photo to share back then, but as luck would have it I just turned up two more...


Above is the fiberglass mountain Prehistoric Forest entrance.  Back in 2010 I wrote, "...at least when I visited everything was well maintained and freshly painted," but looking at this photo now I have my doubts.  Are those yellow areas on the mountain where the grey paint has pealed away?  Although the two-tone color scheme kinda breaks up the monotony of solid grey.  That large white figure on the left is the "Giant Ground Sloth" as seem on the B&W brochure...



Here's the Prehistoric Forest Tyrannosaurus photo-op.  Midway thru your tram ride in the forest passengers were allowed to walk around a small photo-op area with about a half dozen dinos.  There's some kid in what looks like a red hoodie on the lower left.

Here's some great 60's home movie footage from Prehistoric Forest I found on YouTube...



Lastly here's nice little look at how Prehistoric Forest looks today by someone who has obviously visited my blog before...

3 comments:

Jeremy S. said...

That little girl had an assault rifle on that tram. Not something you see too often now a days.

David W. said...

It's certainly a different time today. Plastic machine guns were furnished on the ride, and a very popular with kids feature.

Jeremy S. said...

I think the PTA's of America have a strong-hold on the social norms, and we need to put a stop to it. They are taking away everything that is fun and exciting for kids. If they have their way, soon kids will have to stay at homes all day, put on their virtual reality gear, and enter the Teletubbies environment for all "interactions" in a safe environment without any negative themes or ideas.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails