Monday, October 1, 2012

This is Halloween...

Hey it's October, and that means it's time once again for a month long celebration of Halloween and other spooky stuff.

If you know this blog, you know not to expect a new post every day like some of my fellow bloggers are doing for Halloween.  I'll have a couple of new posts each week. Frankly I'm not even sure what I'm really doing yet, but that isn't anything new.

So to kick things off here's a few pictures of my first ever attempt at Halloween decorations.  It might be surprising, but the last year I went out trick-or-treating was in the 4th grade.  The next year I thought it would be more fun to set up a haunted display on the front porch to hand out candy to the trick-or-treaters.

One dummy siting next to a fake fence...

... another dummy on the porch..


...and a kid in an alien mask pretending to drink a dry ice infused drink.

It's a little sloppy, but it's completely kid made.  Over the years I got a lot better with my homemade props and other decorations.

2 comments:

Todd Franklin said...

Happy October! Wow, those are some neato snaps!

Nice to see the Space Creatures mask. Here's what the original box looked like - http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonliebigstuff/6709043485/

David W. said...

Thanks for the comment Todd, and a very big thanks for the ID and box pix for the Space Creatures. I had forgotten what its name was.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails